AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Boys & Girls Club of Albany is open on school days and on select non-school days.
Please see the Club Calendar for specific non-school days and Club closure dates.
PARENT ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED FOR CHILDREN NEW TO ATTENDING OUR AFTER SCHOOL OR SUMMER PROGRAM.
IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED ORIENTATION IN THE LAST 3 YEARS, YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND FOR THE 2021-2022 MEMBERSHIP YEAR.
THERE WILL BE NO ORIENTATION IF A HOLIDAY LANDS ON A MONDAY.
AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION
WE ARE GEARING UP FOR OUR AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION AND WANT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SOME IMPORTANT DATES AND CHANGES TO OUR PROCEDURES.
ORIENTATIONS CURRENTLY DELAYED
- Registration will be done ONLINE through a system called Parent Portal.
- In order to gain access to Parent Portal, you must:
• Attend Orientation (only for families who have NEVER attended the Club OR haven’t participated in our program in over 3 years)
• If you have been a member within the past three years, you must request login information from our Membership Services Office via email – email@example.com
- Parents/Guardians will only be able to input/update required information into their account prior to September 7, and will need to wait to register for Membership until September 7. (See below for guidance on how to enroll).
- Registration will begin on September 7 at 9am.
CAPACITY – We are having to limit the number of members we can take due to a staffing shortage. Each age group will have a “cap” of how many can enroll. The hope is that when we are able to hire more staff, we will open additional spots for enrollment. We understand this can and will be a hindrance to many of our families. Please be patient with us as we navigate through this process and work to get people hired. We want to provide the best possible care to our members.
HOW TO ENROLL
- We are still operating at a very limited capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions and a staffing shortage. We will continue to have parents enroll and sign up their child(ren) for their annual membership if spots are available. We will be reevaluating program numbers every two weeks in hopes of adding more members to our after-school program.
- In order to enroll your child(ren) into the after-school program you will need to attend a mandatory orientation if you have never been through our program OR it has been over three years since last attending. Orientation will take place 8/23/21-9/3/2021 at 6pm at the Club and then every Monday at 6pm following these dates.
- Once you have attended orientation you will need to contact our Membership Services Coordinator, via email, who will send a Parent Portal registration link. That email is firstname.lastname@example.org. **If you already have a Parent Portal account you will continue to use the same login information in order to register.
- Below is a step-by-step explanation on how to enroll once receiving your account information (you will need to complete steps 3-7 to enroll each child planning to attend the Club):
- You will receive two emails, one that provides a verification link that you will need to click and a second email that will assign you a temporary password for your account
- Sign in to your account using credentials from your emails
- You will be required to create/update all member information (i.e. grade, school, emergency contacts, household information, etc.)
- Click the Enroll tab on the top of page (second tab from the left)
- Select child’s name
- Select BGCA
- Select 2021-2022 age appropriate age group
• Additional enrollment steps may apply for other programs (i.e. summer)
- If you plan on having your child ride the bus after school to the Club, Parents/Guardians will need to show their school their authorized bus slip that will be listed on their current membership document. This document will come via email once completing the registration process. The schools will not be sending children on the bus unless they receive/are shown their current membership status document from a parent/guardian.
WHAT WILL THE DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Students will arrive off the bus and a health screening will take place before entering our program areas. If a student is unable to pass the health screening we will call home and students will need to be picked up immediately.
- Students will be placed in groups with other students in similar grades.
- Drop-off and Pick-up for Elementary students will be at our Parent Pick-Up room (this is located on the north side of the building) and our teens will be dropped off and picked up at their normal location at the Teen Center.